Friday, October 29, 2010

Happy Halloween!

I know this post is a little late in the day today, but I have a great reason.  I just spent the morning at my 10 year old’s Halloween parade at school.  So fun, so many great costumes.  So flippin cold standing outside for two hours!  But fun.  My boy went as a skeleton/zombie biker. 



This was one of the more creative costumes I saw.  Jack!

Okay, this kid cracks me up.  I’ve known him since 1st grade, and every year he dresses as food.  One year he was a bowl of spaghetti, one year a box of popcorn.  This year… French fries!  (He kept yelling at the other kids to “Stop eating me!”)


But, my favorite has to be the many San Francisco Giants baseball players.  There were tons!  Yes, I live near San Francisco, and, yes, everyone here totally has World Series fever.  Myself included.

On Sunday I’ll be taking the big boy and Baby T trick-or-treating. I'm dressing as a cat... at least I'm wearing the ears and a tail. :)   It’ll be Baby T’s first time, so I’m not sure how much actually trick-or-treating and how much crying he’ll do, but we do have an adorable costume for him.  The Puny Pirate!


 No, that's not him in the picture.  Why?  Because every time I put this on him he bursts into tears.  The kid hates the ruffles.  He pulls at them and yells every time I put it on him.  My backup plan if he pulls another “No Puffy Shirt!” on me on Halloween is to dress him in his Giants T-shirt, draw in a black beard with eyeliner, and have him go as Brian Wilson. 

 
So, what are you guys dressing up as this year?  Any big Halloween plans?

~Trigger Happy Halliday
P.S.  Go Giants!

2 comments:

Jenyfer Matthews said...

When my little boy was that small, he had a favorite pair of dalmatian pajamas with a hood that he loved so he wore that for Halloween. He was adorable and happy :)

This year he's eight and wants to be a mummy. Daughter? A zombie DJ.

Robin Kaye said...

Ooh! love the pics. My daughter was Abby on NCIS. She liked her black hair so much, she can't wait to dye it. God help me. My youngest was a Zombie and had a great time. My Eldest, well, he's been too old to go Trick-or-Treating for years, he's basically lazy and just doesn't like candy enough to go through the trouble. Ah well, someone has to be home to hand out candy.